About McCormick Home
McCormick Home is an accredited, not-for-profit, long-term care home that has served London and area for more than 130 years. We serve adults, primarily the frail elderly, who require a range of personal and health services, and who are no longer able to live safely and independently in the community. Our home creates an environment that encourages residents to be as active, independent and involved in life as possible.
McCormick Home at 2022 Kains Road is situated at the corner of Commissioners Road and Oxford Street in west London. The home operates 160 long-term care beds through funding from the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
Built on an eight-acre rise of land overlooking protected forests, the home offers a beautiful view to the east and south.
Families of residents and participants in the McCormick Day Program are able to access the site from two of London’s main roads.
A total of 160 long-term care residents are cared for in five Resident Home Areas: Memory Lane (dedicated dementia care wing), Maple Grove, Oak Avenue, Willow Ridge and Evergreen Walk.
McCormick Home is grateful for the funding support of Ontario Health West. We also acknowledge the support of the McCormick Care Foundation for their fundraising efforts that enable us to provide an enhanced life enrichment program for our residents.
Features of the Home
- Bright, modern three-storey building serving 160 residents in five Resident Home Areas
- Private and semi-private bedrooms with updated amenitites
- Year-round climate control
- Small, home-like dining rooms for residents
- A Great room for gathering and welcoming friends and visitors
- Safe, accessible outdoor spaces and gardens
- Specialized care unit, catering to residents with dementia
- A dedicated entrance for McCormick Day Program and care partners support services
- Small program rooms offering specialized care
- Safe interior walkway
- Meeting rooms for care partner support services